Welcome to messy jesse's first make it Monday! As promised, today I will be showing you how you can make your very own needle case :) like the one I made last week. I am no sewing teacher - by any means! but hopefully you will understand this, if I can do it you can..
Firstly, you will need some patterned fabric, felt, and a button.
1. Cut your template out of some scrap cardboard, a cereal box would be fine. My template is 22cm (width) by 11cm (length).
2. Pin cardboard template to the fabric you are going to use for the cover of the needle case, and cut out two of these (for the outside and inside).
3. Now if you would like an appliqué design on the front of the needle case - do this now. I used a cupcake for mine, by cutting out a simple design and a little machine sewing in matching thread.
3. Put your two fabric pieces facing together, pin and sew three of the sides together (remember to leave one side un-stitched to turn inside out!)
4. Now facing the right way, with the appliqué design on the outside, pin and sew the edge that you left undone and sew all the way around the case.
5. Iron into a book shape. Cut two pieces of felt slightly smaller than the needle case template. Pin to the inside of the needle case, and sew in place.
Now to get that nice binding edge, just close the book and sew just a couple of millimetres in from the edge of the needle case, and voilla! your done! :) Any questions or queries, just let me know. I'd be happy to help.