Wednesday 16 July 2014

50 States Stitching Project: Week 2

Hello! I've just finished this one in the nick of time for this week's installment of 50 States Stitching quilt project. This week is Pennsylvania, so we've been given a fun Liberty Bell motif to stitch up. The great thing about this project (aside from making this great quilt) is learning something new each week, I find myself googling the design to find out more. I didn't realise the bell was cast at the Whitechapel Foundry in East London, but the clapper ball cracked the bell on it's first use!? eek! I wonder if the bell maker back in London got a telling off!? 


I've always wanted to visit Philadelphia ever since I worked for Anthropologie in London a few years back - the headquarters were based in Philly so some of my friends in the office would visit quite often. Of course, it always sounded amazing - very cool with tons of quirky antique shops, flea markets, nice places to eat and historic architecture. Some day ... but for now this motif will have to suffice! xo

2 comments:

  1. So cute and so many more weeks of fun to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I'm working on a big EPP project right now but I have never tried glue basting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment. Any questions I will try to answer within the comments section so all readers can see.