Monday 17 August 2015

Free Mini Quilt Pattern, Summer Baskets

I think it's about time I start sharing some of the projects I've been working on these last few months, how does that sound? I'm kicking it off today with my free mini quilt pattern; 'Summer Baskets'. It uses the A-dorable Aunt Grace Schoolhouse Classics collection which we have in stock at Sew and QuiltI absolutely love this line, I've used it countless times since we got it in. Those ditsy florals are absolute heaven to me. 

I had a switch-around once I got all my mini quilts un-packed from FOQ and this one now sits right next to my machine. I like this setup :-) What's your sewing view? 


 The pattern is downloadable from my shop, Sew and Quilt. Lot's of customers have been downloading it with their purchases, so do send me pictures if you make one. I'd love to see! It's very simple to piece and uses minimal fabric. I added a wide border with my favourite fabric of the moment to really show it off. 


Baskets are always a favourite block of mine and often remind me of summer so I went with an ice-cream style 1930s colour scheme to play it up. You could use a coloured background and scrappy baskets for a completely different look, change it up as you wish. 

The quilt pattern is free, however the postage cost is automatically added (because I can't figure out a way to only make this 'free shipping', doh.), so if you really, really wanted it without adding anything else to your order just drop me an email and I can send it directly.

Hopefully I'll figure out a way to get over some of these technical hurdles so I can offer more free patterns in the future ;-) Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I tried to download it and it would'n't let me without going through paypal. Is it only free if you buy something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I did mention above it automatically adds a shipping cost on as I am unable to make one item 'free shipping' only I'm afraid. So just drop me an email and I can send you it directly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment. Any questions I will try to answer within the comments section so all readers can see.